G. W. Adams Educational Center :
Prospect Place is the 29 room mansion built by abolitionist George Willison Adams at Dresden, Ohio, in 1856. It is the home of the non profit G. W. Adams Educational Center, Inc. We are located in the Village of Trinway, Ohio, just 1/2 mile north of Dresden.
The G. W. Adams Educational Center is dedicated to promoting education within the community. Through our fundraising efforts we create programs to give something back as well as enrich the community's historical heritage. To help us with our efforts please consider a donation or a paranormal investigation fundraiser. Your money will help the larger community as well as preserve and restore the estate and grounds for future generations!
The mansion is listed on the National Park Service "National Register of Historic Places" and the Ohio Underground Railroad Association's list of Underground Railroad sites. We proudly display the "Friends of Freedom Society" marker flag in the window of the library.
"Prospect Place" was the home of the George Willison Adams family of Dresden, Ohio, in the 19th & 20th centuries. This structure is currently in the process of being restored. In the 1850s and 1860s the house was a station on the "Underground Railroad". Although a few fine homes remain in Dresden from this era, Prospect Place is the last remaining Dresden area mansion (There were five: Prospect Place; River Dale; Mulberry Grove; Maple Hollow and Elm Grove), the others have met the fate of time and neglect and are no more. These were the homes of the "Lords of the Valley", men of great influence and wealth who helped tame a new land and create a community. We are restoring this home as a memorial to times gone by and to give the Dresden area back a piece of an ever-vanishing history.